Guide to Making a 3-Way Trade
(1) Make sure that you have a block of time without interruption. Coordinating a 3-way can be time consuming! Have a pen and paper ready (or some other writing type program running on your computer so you can make notes - I use EXCEL).
(2) By now you should have added everything you like to your "Watch List". Make a list of the users that have things you like.
(3) Now click on "Others Watching My Rehashes" and make another list of those users.
(4) The next step is a little trickier, because there isn’t a function to easily allow you to view other’s people’s Watch List (like an Amazon.com’s ‘Wish List”). So you can either:
(5a) email everyone on your "Watch List". Tell them what you would like to trade; ask if they would be interested in a 3-way trade; tell them who they are trying to trade with; and if they respond, see if any of those names match the list you made back in Step 3.
(5b) be a Rehash stalker. As your surf through "Rehashed Items", take note who is watching what. If you're an addict (like me) you will start to recognize users and the pattern of things they are watching. For example, I was stalking Sheila's Italian Party Top for months, but I had nothing that appealed to her. When I noticed she was watching a pair of Rosy's shoes. I remembered Rosy was watching a few of my things. So I just sent them both emails and voila! I got the top, Sheila got the shoes, and Rosy got my items.
UPDATE: There is an easy way to see an individual's Watch List which I neglected to mention. From their profile page, click on the icon in the upper left corner that looks like a little To Do list. If that Rehasher is watching something of yours, it is conveniently bordered in red. Neat, huh?
(6) Once you have connected the dots to lead to the item you want, you can post details in the Groups Forum, or if you’d like to keep the trade private just be diligent about emailing all parties involved.
NOTE: The trickiest part of making this work is the trading tool since it's designed for one-to-one trading. What I find works best it to create a "3-way offer" item and use that to make your offer to the other two Rehashers. After the trade is accepted, you receive a confirmation email. Simply forward that email to the 3rd individual with the details of your trade (including name and mailing addresses for where the Rehashed item to be sent since you're not the recipient in the actual offer). This will serve as a reminder and receipt.